Call for Art - Art Golf
Let’s have fun with ART
- The Livingston Center is looking to create an atmosphere of fun, camaraderie, and warmth during the cold dark days of winter.
- This project, creating an indoor golf course, using 3 styles of putting greens, allows the artists, craftsmen, architects, engineers, kids-at-heart a chance to show off their creativity and fun side.
- During this inaugural event we are excited to give our members and the greater community a chance to interact with our artists and each other.
Free to the public
- This non-juried event event will be set up in the Center’s gallery from January 14th through January 25th, 2020.
- Items provided by the Center are; your “naked” golf hole, balls, and putters.
- Your acceptance of a golf putting green from the Center is your acknowledgment that you and your team will present a piece for this exhibit.
- There is no fee to participate.
The theme for this exhibit is TOURIST TRAPS.
- The Livingston Center for Art and Culture, located in historic downtown Livingston, Montana, is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization founded in 2000 and featuring gallery exhibits, classes, and workshops.
- The Center reserves the right to use images of your piece for advertising.
- The Center’s hours are Tuesday – Friday 12 – 5 PM and Saturday 11 – 4 PM. There will be an opening reception for this exhibit TBD.
- Items included on your golf hole are insured to the full extent as our regular gallery exhibits.
- The work created around the golf putting green is the property of the artist(s) but the golf putting green must be returned to the Center for future use.
This call is active until the last golf putting green has been claimed (there are nine).
Terms and conditions for participation:
- Anyone can participate. Groups are encouraged to work together.
- Acceptable media; drawing, painting, photography, 3-D technology, clay, etc.
- When taking into account the difficulty of the holes, remember that there will be other participants nearby and we have windows in the gallery.
- Final putting greens can be larger than the given green however if you would like to make them very oversized please check with the Center so that we can accommodate wheel chair access.
- Please provide a list of participants, a description of the hole, and any artists’ statements/CVs you would like.
- Artists or team of artists should be available January 14, 2020 to set up their hole or provide explicit instructions.
- These works will not be for sale as a whole. If there are elements on the piece that are for sale please contact the Center with that information.